The UPMC Pinnacle Foundation offers a variety of educational funding opportunities, which are available to current employees and local students pursuing a career in health care. Multiple awards may be given based on the number of applicants and funding available.
To apply, click below to fill out the online application form. If you have any questions, please contact the UPMC Pinnacle Foundation at 717-231-8080. Completed applications must be submitted by Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
Please note that the Pinnacle Health Auxiliary has a different application.
Open to the Public
The Lester L. and Anna S. Buchart Scholarship
Awarded to any individual pursuing a degree in post-secondary education in the field of nursing.
Harrisburg Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association Scholarship
Awarded to any individual pursuing a degree in post-secondary education in the field of nursing including advanced degrees (Nurse Practitioner); including high-school seniors accepted into an accredited nursing program.
Dr. Donald Haselhuhn Scholarship
Awarded to any individual that is a college junior or senior, and/or UPMC Pinnacle employee pursing a baccalaureate degree in nursing at an accredited college or university.
Dr. Rena Lawrence Nursing Scholarship
Awarded each year to an employee pursuing a baccalaureate degree in Nursing at an accredited college or university.
Dr. Francis J. Duggan Nursing Scholarship
Awarded each year to any employee pursuing a baccalaureate degree in nursing at an accredited college or university, with preference given to individuals living in Susquehanna Township, Lower Paxton Township, Swatara Township, and the City of Harrisburg. Multiple awards may be given based on candidates and funds available.
Benjamin Olewine Nursing Scholarship
Awarded each year to a Nurse pursuing a baccalaureate degree in Nursing, with preference given to Nurses employed at UPMC Pinnacle Community Osteopathic working on the third and fourth floors. Multiple awards may be given based on candidates and funds available.
RHI Magnesita Nursing Scholarship
Awarded to employees currently working at any UPMC location in York County. Four (4) scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each will be given to employees pursuing a post-secondary nursing program.
Bathon Memorial Scholarship
For employees in Critical Care, Cardiac Diagnostics, Cardiac Rehab, Emergency Department or Advanced Life Support. Open to employees of UPMC Hanover only.
Bonita C. Hart Memorial Scholarship
For Nurses in Surgical Services department who are employees of UPMC Hanover.
Samuel A. Kirkpatrick, MD Scholarship
Open to OB/GYN or pediatric nurses who are employees of UMPC Hanover.
Stephen M. Lawrence Scholarship Fund
Open to nurses who work in the Emergency Department at UPMC Hanover.
Shipman Memorial Scholarship Fund
Open to employees in the Radiology Department at UPMC Hanover.
The Pinnacle Health Auxiliary
Ernest R. McDowell Health Career Scholarship
Awarded to any individual pursuing a career in health care and living in the Greater Harrisburg area. Sponsored by the Pinnacle Health Auxiliary.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants who are current employees of UPMC Pinnacle are expected to remain employed within the system for the duration of the year for which the scholarship is granted. Recipients leaving the employment of UPMC Pinnacle prior to the end of the school year will be expected to repay the amount of the scholarship granted with no interest penalty.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA in the major must be maintained.
- A current employee on Corrective Action during the review phase will not be considered for a scholarship.
- Awards will be allocated directly to the school where the student is enrolled for the following semester.
Application Timeline & Process
- Completed applications are due by June 30, 2021.
- To apply, fill out and submit the online application form. If you have any questions, please contact the UPMC Pinnacle Foundation at 717-231-8080.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email no later than July 16, 2021.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
- Those applicants not receiving a scholarship will also be notified by email regarding their status.
- Upon award, recipients must provide a copy of their current tuition bill to the UPMC Pinnacle Foundation as outlined in the notification email.
- The scholarship will be in the form of tuition paid directly by the UPMC Pinnacle Foundation to an accredited college or university.