The Nancy and Rocco Ortenzio Fund for Clinical Excellence
The Nancy and Rocco Ortenzio Fund for Excellence Endowment, graciously provided by the Ortenzio Family Foundation, provides funding for critical education for UPMC in Central Pa staff and for advanced research and needed support for patients in need at UPMC Central PA Hillman Cancer Centers.
The Nancy and Rocco Ortenzio Fund for Clinical Excellence supports many needed services and programs including:
- Advanced clinical trials
- Latest innovative research programs
- Tissue banking
- Capital expenditures
- Donating to cancer research at and UPMC Hillman Cancer Centers in Central PA helps the scientists, researchers, and doctors who are leading the way against cancer.
Additionally, the fund will be used to:
- Develop a strategy for research teams to work alongside nurse navigators; adding transparency to clinical trials
- Assisting with additional equipment and staffing needs:
- Nursing Teams
- Research Coordinators/Liaisons
- IT Technicians
- Laboratory Staffing and Equipment
- Cement collaboration with UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- Work alongside Precision Medicine in Pittsburgh, solidifying our focus on prevention and wellness either in the early stages of cancer
"The fund for clinical excellence is so important because it helps us provide top-quality, most advanced care for patients. Oncology care is constantly evolving and this research helps us stay ahead of all cancer treatments."